Tuesday, August 25, 2009

THE JIST - AN INTERVIEW WITH JENNY GAMBLE


Jenny fronts her band of the same name.   I don't know much about her but I met her once, and she was very friendly.  I really like her voice.  you can find her on  myspace, facebook, and her website






What are you currently listening to?  The thoughts in my head


If you could add one instrument to your band what would it be?  A thermin


All ages or bar shows?  All ages shows, but slightly drunk


Your headlining a major music festival. Name three things you would required in your rider.  Golf cart, sun hat, red vines


How often do you rehearse?  Every gig I play I'm rehearsing, at home I'm playing


 Tell me the story behind one of your songs.  I wrote a song for 2 friends getting married called future talk show. It was about a couple crazy in love and moving fast on the family track instead of taking their time. My 2 friends ended up basically doing exactly what I wrote about and getting divorced 3 years later. The morale of this story...don't ask me to play your wedding.


Favorite local venue?  My living room is my most favorite, and other than that if you are supporting live music I love you too.


Is stage fright a problem?  Not for me. Ironically I'm less scared on stage and more so in real life.


Name a dead musician you would like to see liveBilly Holiday or Django Reinhardt


What's more important, practice or promotion? It depends on what you are trying to do. There is a big difference between promotion and marketing yourself and your product. Sometimes you need to practice promiting awhile before you get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment